Snow is on the way and that means the potential of your family staying inside your house for days.
But don't run to the store and grab bread and milk. Be smart about what you stock up on!
The trick is to buy foods that don't expire quickly and don't need to be refrigerated. They should be easy to prepare, easy to eat and be high in protein to keep you full.
Here are a few things you can grab that will make being stuck at home a little bit more bearable:
- Peanut Butter - High in protein and lasts for months
- Canned soups - You can eat it straight out of the can and its packed with nutrients
- Avocados - High in protein, easy to eat
- Protein bars - Quick, easy way to get some calories and protein
- Crackers - Slather with peanut butter or use as bread substitute
- Canned beans - They're versatile and nutritious
- Dried meat - Lots of protein
- Nuts and trail mix - Easy to eat, high in protein
- Cereal - Multigrain cereals are nutritious, use milk or eat it dry
- Canned tuna - Great source of protein and easy to prepare
- Bottled water