CHESAPEAKE, Va. - If you are a dedicated football fan, you know things can get heated while you are watching the game.
With Super Bowl 53 just around the corner, there are some football-watching etiquette reminders you might want to take a second to look over. Just remember it's only a game, and it doesn't matter if you are going to a friend's house or a local restaurant -- mind your manners.
- Don't eat while you're in the buffet line. Sampling will slow everyone down.
- Always clean up after yourself.
- Refrain from using offensive language.
- Never make personal jabs or comments at other guests.
- Keep it PG, kids may be present. Just remember it may be a family event.
Gameworks in Chesapeake is one local place offering dine-in and to-go deals for the big game. They are welcoming families to watch the game on Sunday.
"Twenty-nine TVs set up in here, we will have the sound going. If you want to bring the kids, the arcade will be open. Full arcade area with prizes and everything else so the kids can play while you're watching the Super Bowl. It should be a great time," said general manager Brandon Hill.
Other locations offering the big game on Sunday:
- Baxter's Sports Bar- Norfolk
- Lendy's Cafe- Virginia Beach
- Quaker Steak and Lube- Newport News
- Buffalo Wild Wings- Norfolk, Hampton, Virginia Beach
- Culture Lounge & Restaurant - Norfolk
- Boathouse Live - Newport News
- Big Woody's Bar & Grill - Chesapeake
- Commonwealth Brewing - Virginia Beach
- The Green Leafe - Williamsburg
- Paul's Deli & Restaurant - Williamsburg
- Peck & Pour - Norfolk
- RJ's Restaurant & Sports Pub - Newport News
- Roger Browns - Portsmouth
- The Tailgate Sports Pub - Virginia Beach