News

Actions

Electrical space heater causes Portsmouth house fire

Electrical space heater causes Portsmouth house fire
Posted at 5:37 AM, Jan 07, 2020
and last updated 2020-01-07 05:37:40-05

Manley St. fire (Photo courtesy Portsmouth Fire)

PORTSMOUTH, Va. – A space heater caused a fire in Portsmouth Tuesday morning.

City officials said around 1 a.m., fire crews responded to the 90 block of Manley Street.

When they got there a single family home had light smoke showing.

A fire was put out by 1:05 a.m., and officials said no injuries were reported.

After investigating the cause was found to be accidental due to an electrical space heater in the living room.