NORFOLK, Va. - One person is in the hospital after a house fire in the 7600 block of Victory Drive Wednesday night.
The call came in just after 8:30 p.m.
Firefighters with Norfolk Fire-Rescue were able to bring the fire under control just before 9 p.m.
The victim was taken to Sentara General Norfolk Hospital.
Fire officials say the fire started in the kitchen while the home's resident was cooking, and it quickly spread into the cabinets.
A dog was also rescued from the home.
The fire originated in the kitchen due to cooking and quickly extended into the cabinets. The occupant was transported for evaluation and one dog was rescued from the apartment. The American Red Cross was notified for assistance. pic.twitter.com/hcHR2sey3o— Norfolk Fire-Rescue (@norfolkfireresc) June 25, 2020
The American Red Cross was called to provide assistance.
There is no further information.