NewsCoronavirus

Actions

Defense Department extends stop move order until end of June

Esper says US isn’t looking ‘to start a war with Iran, but we are prepared to finish one’
Posted at 4:26 PM, Apr 20, 2020
and last updated 2020-04-20 16:44:33-04

WASHINGTON - Defense Secretary Esper announced the extension of the stop move order to help prevent the spread of coronavirus.

Secretary Esper says the extension will last through June 30.

DOD says it acknowledges that this order will have great impact on service members and their families who are looking to proceed with their lives, but the rapid changes in the environment has created risks to service members.

A statement released by the DOD, says the decision was made in order to protect U.S. personnel and preserve the operational readiness of our military.

The Department now has procedures in place to allow for additional waivers and the resumption of travel for several categories of travelers that were previously suspended, including deployments.

Click here for full coronavirus coverage.