NewsCoronavirus

Actions

Three restaurants in Virginia Beach lost licenses for not following health guidelines, Northam announces

Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 12:53 PM, Jul 10, 2020
and last updated 2020-07-11 11:11:08-04

CHESAPEAKE, Va. – Gov. Ralph Northam was at a COVID-19 testing event in Chesapeake Friday morning.

During a press conference there, he said Virginia’s COVID-19 case positivity rate remains at 6% and we started at 20% so it’s down but we are still working on it.

Northam said he is watching what is going on in Virginia with case numbers that are on the rise.

He added that there has recently been an uptick of COVID-19 numbers in the Hampton Roads area.

Northam said he will follow what is happening and if numbers go up and people don’t follow guidelines then measures will be taken to keep people safe in Virginia.

Northam added that three restaurants in Virginia Beach have lost their licenses because they failed to follow health guidelines. In the video above you will hear Northam say the the restaurants were in Norfolk, but the Virginia Department of Health corrected him and said it was Virginia Beach.

The Virginia Department of Health said the restaurants that lost their licenses previously all have them back. Cocomo Joe's in Virginia Beach lost theirs on May 9. West Beach Tavern lost theirs on May 20 and Buoy 44 lost theirs on June 18.

Northam said he wants to get kids back in schools and businesses open but added that we need to get the health crisis under control first.

Northam will speak next Tuesday at 2 p.m. to update the Commonwealth.

Click here for full coronavirus coverage.