VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. — The Virginia Beach Department of Public Health (VBDPH) will be holding a free COVID-19 community-based testing event on Friday.
The free testing event will take place on Friday from 10 a.m., to 1 p.m., at Green Run High School.
Virginia Beach Department of Public Health staff, Virginia Beach Medical Reserve Corps volunteers and City of Virginia Beach Emergency Medical Services personnel will administer the PCR testing.
Participants will remain in their vehicle and wear a face covering during drive-thru testing. This PCR testing is for adults and children ages 13 years and older.
The Virginia Beach Department of Public Health is offering drive-thru registration and limited walk-up registration, while supplies last. VBDPH will be providing only testing during the event and not medical care or treatment.
For those with medical emergencies or severe COVID-19 symptoms, seek immediate medical attention and do not wait for this event.
To lower the risk of respiratory germ spread, including COVID-19, the Virginia Department of Health continues to encourage the following effective behaviors:
- Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face covering when around others
- Elderly and those at-risk should stay at home as much as possible; if not possible, avoid large gatherings
- Practice social distancing of 6 feet or more
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer only if soap and water are not available
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth. Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces. Stay home when you are sick. Avoid contact with sick people
- Limit travel as much as possible