PORTSMOUTH, Va. - The Department of Social Services is offering tax relief assistance for some Portsmouth homeowners.
The DSS will be accepting applications and renewals in a drive thru setting at 1701 High Street on June 8 from 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. On-the-spot notary assistance will be provided.
The Tax Relief Program is designed to either reduce or freeze the Real Estate Tax Liability for qualified elderly and/or disabled homeowners.
- Meet income assets guidelines
- Own or partially own the title to the property for which the exemption is claimed.
- Must be permanently and totally disabled or must be 65 years of age or older as of June 30 of the immediately preceding year.
- Applicant must be living in the home
- Shall not have disposed of assets to future heirs within the preceding five years
For more information, click this link or call us at (757)-405-1800, ext. 8302.