NORFOLK, Va. – The 2020 holiday season is in full swing, and this time of year, giving and helping others is more important than ever as COVID-19 rages on.
Norfolk Festevents will host a Holiday Food Drive to benefit the Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia and the Eastern Shore at the Town Point Holiday Marketplace & Movie Night on Saturday, December 5 at Town Point Park along the Downtown Norfolk Waterfront.
The event runs from 2-8 p.m. It is free and open to the public.
During this event, Norfolk Festevents will be collecting food and supplies for families in need this holiday season. Several donation boxes will be located at Town Point Park for those who are willing to donate.
Social distancing and additional safety measures will be practiced during drop-offs.
If you can't make the event but will be in the area and are still looking to donate, Norfolk Festevents will be collecting contactless roadside donations at the Nauticus turnaround. Text Festevents at 757-675-1150 for contactless roadside donations from 2-8 p.m.
The following items are needed:
- Lean canned protein (peanut butter, tuna, chicken, turkey, beans)
- Fruits & vegetables (canned fruits, canned vegetables, pasta sauce, 100% fruit juice)
- Whole grains (cereal, pasta, oatmeal, rice, crackers)
- Boxed meals (soups, stews, boxed meals, canned pasta)
- Baby products (formula, baby food, diapers, wipes)
- Personal hygiene products (adult diapers, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, deodorant, toothbrush/toothpaste, feminine hygiene products, toilet paper)
Please remember the following guidelines:
- Non-perishable food
- Non-breakable containers
- Nutritional labels intact
- Check dates (Product is good for 6 months past the best by, sell by, or use by date)
- Low Fat, Low Sugar, and Low Sodium products preferred
The Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia and the Eastern Shore is also accepting monetary donations via the QR code below:
More information on the Town Point Holiday Marketplace & Movie Night can be found here.
The event is subject to change based on local and state COVID-19 guidelines.