Man taken to Suffolk Police precinct after being shot; woman arrested, police looking for another suspect

Deasia Eltranek Mizell (L) and Jeremy Lavon Griffin (R).png
Posted at 10:18 PM, May 17, 2021
and last updated 2021-05-26 16:08:28-04

SUFFOLK, Va. - A man was hurt after a shooting in the 300 block of Hunter Street early Monday evening.

Dispatchers received a call about gunshots heard in the area around 5:10 p.m.

While officers were responding to the scene, a private vehicle took 29-year-old Ladante Darrel Myrick, who had been shot to Suffolk Police Precinct 1 at 230 E. Washington Street.

Suffolk Fire & Rescue personnel gave him emergency medical assessment and treatment and ground transported him to a local hospital for treatment for his injuries, which are said to be non-life-threatening.

Police say Myrick has been treated and released from the hospital.

Following a preliminary investigation, it was determined that several vehicles and homes were also struck by gunfire during the incident.

On May 24, police released the names of two people who are wanted in connection with this shooting.

Deasia Eltranek Mizell, 21, of Franklin was wanted on a charge of Conspiracy to Commit or Incite Riot.

Twenty-seven-year-old Jeremy Lavon Griffin of Suffolk is wanted on charges of Possession of Firearm by Convicted Felon and Discharge Firearm in Public Place. Officials say he is also unrelated charges of Possession of Firearm by Convicted Felon, Reckless Handing of Firearm and False Police Report.

Police said Mizell was arrested on her outstanding charge the morning of Wednesday, May 26. She was taken to the Western Tidewater Regional Jail, where she is being held without bond.

Deasia Eltranek Mizell

Officials are still looking for Griffin.

The investigation remains ongoing.

If you have any information about this shooting, you are asked to contact Suffolk Police or call the Suffolk Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP (1-888-562-5887). Tips may also be submitted online at

Stay with News 3 for updates.