PORTSMOUTH, Va. - Portsmouth Humane Society believes that you have enough things to worry about right now. Keeping your pet fed shouldn’t be one of them.
PHS is committed to helping our community of pets and people stay together! They're excited to announce their very first drive-thru pet pantry.
The event will be held on April 25, 2020 from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the shelter located at 4022 Seaboard Court.
To make this event a success, read this carefully:
1. Stay in your vehicle! They will come to you in order to maintain social distancing.
2. Dry and wet dog food will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. There is a chance they may run out before 12 p.m. They will provide food for up to 5 dogs per household.
3. Cat food is coming soon! If you need cat food assistance, contact PHS for a list of other local pet pantries.
4. Bring proof of Portsmouth residency such as a driver’s license, utility bill, or lease listing your current address. Proof of need is not necessary – PHS says they recognize that due to the pandemic, need looks different for everyone.
5. Transition food gradually, if possible. The food they provide will likely not be the kind of food your pet is used to eating. This may cause digestive upset. Try to slowly switch from your pet’s old food to any new diet. Prescription diets are not available.
If you have any further questions, call the Portsmouth Humane Society at (757)-397-6004.