CHESAPEAKE, Va. - Crews were at the scene of a gas fire in the 3000 block Churchland Blvd. that started Wednesday morning.
Our news team at the scene said that they saw two small fires being controlled.
Reporter Samantha German said there was an overwhelming smell of gas and that Churchland Blvd. was being completely blocked off by police vehicles.
Reports say a power line fell and sparked a gas leak. It was a very small fire and crew officials said there was no danger, damage and or threat to anyone.
A fire engine was on standby most of the morning and remained on scene while Columbia Gas of Virginia worked to secure the leak. Officials confirmed that the gas appeared to be seeping from a crack in the asphalt, but it is now under control.