SUFFOLK, Va. - First responders in Suffolk are reaching out for help during the coronavirus outbreak. They’re looking to businesses, and citizens to donate any unused personal protective gear they may have.
Specifically, donations of any of the following items are encouraged, preferably commercial-grade and in original packaging:
- N95 Masks – large, medium, universal
- Nitrile Exam Gloves – XL, large, medium, small
- Eye protection (safety glasses and goggles)
- Surgical masks with or without Fluid Shield Protection / Face Shields
- Protective Surgical Gowns
- Hand Sanitizer (unopened, gel and wipes)
According to a news release, donations will be shared between Suffolk Fire & Rescue and Suffolk Police, and may be dropped off by appointment only at Suffolk Fire & Rescue Station 6, located at 300 Kings Fork Road, with the point of contact Captain Leon Ratliff, who can be reached by phone at 757.514.4544.