SUFFOLK, Va. - A man has been arrested and charged after a police pursuit ended in a multi-vehicle crash Tuesday afternoon.
According to officials, police initially responded to the 1500 block of Holland Road in reference to a report of a vehicle that had been stolen out of Franklin located in Suffolk.
Officers located the vehicle, but they say the driver sped off. The driver then crashed into multiple cars before fleeing on foot.
The crash took place in the 1500 block of Holland Road/Route 58 around 4:16 p.m.
Two people were checked at the scene by Suffolk Fire & Rescue personnel, but officials say no injuries were reported.
The driver of the stolen vehicle was apprehended and taken into custody by Suffolk Police.
23-year-old Janathian M. Porter, of Franklin, was arrested on the following charges:
- Receive Stolen Property/goods - $500 or More
- 3 counts of Destruction of Property, Monument – value > $1000
- Destruction of Property, Monument, Entering Property w/intent to Damage
- Victim Injured – Driver Fails to Stop, Report, or Assist
- No drivers license
- Disregard Police Command to Stop, Endangerment
- Damage to Attended Property, Driver Fails to Report =>$1000
One lane of the eastbound traffic and one lane of westbound traffic were closed for about one hour and fifteen minutes, according to police.