News

Actions

Two displaced after grease fire at Chesapeake home

Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 9:23 PM, Apr 16, 2020
and last updated 2020-04-16 21:23:47-04

CHESAPEAKE, Va. – Firefighters with the Chesapeake Fire Department responded to a house fire in the 700 block of Leonard Avenue Thursday night.

The call came in at 7:35 p.m. Norfolk Engine 8, which was dispatched as automatic aid, was the first unit to arrive on scene just four minutes later and reported smoke showing from the home.

Firefighters entered the home and found a grease fire in the kitchen.

The fire was called under control at 7:48 p.m. and was marked out at 7:59 p.m.

Two adults were displaced and are making their own lodging arrangements.

No one was injured.

Download the News 3 app for updates.