News

Actions

Two families displaced after Chesapeake duplex fire

Here’s to the Heroes: Chesapeake Fire Department
Posted at 5:25 PM, Jul 07, 2020
and last updated 2020-07-07 17:25:21-04

CHESAPEAKE, Va. - Chesapeake Firefighters responded to a residential duplex fire that left two families displaced Tuesday afternoon.

Fire crews say they responded to the fire in the 2200 block of Decatur Street at 3:09p.m.

According to reports, a grill in the back of the duplex was on fire and the grill was up against the home.

Crews brought the fire under control and out at 4:11 p.m.

Two families, one consisting of two adults and one consisting of two adults and one child, were displaced.

Officials say no injuries were reported and the fire was determined to be accidental.