NORFOLK, Va. - During stressful times like the coronavirus pandemic it is important to make sure you are not only staying psychically healthy, but also mentally healthy.
News 3 live streamed a mental health panel with Congressman McEachin on Tuesday, May 26 at 6 p.m.
The panel included the below mental health experts:
- Kathy Harkey, Executive Director, National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Virginia
- Dr. Faye Belgrave, Virginia Commonwealth University Professor of Health Psychology
- Dr. Rebecca Vauter, Virginia Board of Psychology
- Mr. Jesse Wysocki, Chief Operating Officer, The McShin Foundation
- Ashley Everette Airington, Policy Analyst for Children’s Mental and Physical Health at Voices for Virginia Kids
- Ms. Frederika Jones, Interim Executive Director at Substance Abuse and Addiction Recovery Alliance (SAARA) of Virginia
The panelists gave viewers advice and some tips on how to keep themselves mentally well and feeling good during these stressful times.
We discussed topics such as:
- How to help your children cope with the new normal
- What to do if you are dealing with addiction issues during this time
- How to manage stress about your health or financial insecurity and job loss
- How to manage grief of losing a loved one during this time.
If you missed the live stream, you can watch the panel above.
Below are some resources discussed in Tuesday's panel:
Click here to view a list of CSB Hotline numbers.