A tragic fire has inspired the community to come together.
Last week, we took action to help a Norfolk mom and her newborn after they lost everything in a fire.
After we took action, our awesome viewers wanted to help, too.
Amy Blackstone, who has her hands full with her own baby, recently went shopping for someone else's child.
"I have a 5-month-old, so I know how hard it is taking care of a baby when you have the means. And I couldn't imagine not having them," says Amy.
The Norfolk mom is talking about the house fire on Galt Street last week that forced Denna Anderson to flee with only the clothes on her back.
Denna recalls the events that day.
"It all happened so fast in 30 seconds. The only thing I remember is going, running and getting my baby out the house," says Denna.
Amy saw how NewsChannel 3 took action for Denna and her baby. We got them a car seat, diapers and other baby items.
That sparked Amy to take action. "Guess I got a little teary eyed thinking about it. I couldn't imagine having a 3-week-old baby and not being able to provide for it, not having a house, not having clothes."
We loaded up all the baby items that Amy and another viewer had purchased and gave them to Denna who was truly surprised.
It was a lot of diapers. Apparently Denna's baby who is now a month old, has been busy.
"Yes, yes! She can go through some diapers," says Denna.
Denna wanted to thank everyone who contributed.