VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. - The City of Virginia Beach has announced 11 temporary polling location changes for Virginia's Primary Elections on June 23.
Elections were previously pushed back from June 9 due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Officials say Virginia Beach voters should verify their polling place since some changes have occurred.
Voter information notices were mailed to all voters who are affected by the changes.
The following polling stations have changed locations:
- Point O' View (0022) moved to Arrowhead Elementary School (5549 Susquehanna Drive)
- Stratford Chase (0051) moved to Indian Lakes Elementary School (1240 Homestead Drive)
- Kings Grant (0047) moved to King's Grant Elementary School (612 N. Lynnhaven Road)
- Shannon (0053) moved to Kempsville Elementary School (570 Kempsville Road)
- Sherry Park (0057) moved to Woodstock Elementary School (6016 Providence Road)
- Glenwood (0058) moved to Salem High School (1993 Sun Devil Drive)
- Colonial (0065) moved to Centerville Elementary School (2201 Centerville Turnpike)
- Manor (0068) moved to Kempsville Middle School (860 Churchill Drive)
- Buckner (0074) moved to Green Run Elementary School (1200 Green Garden Circle)
- Indian River (0097) moved to Salem Middle School (2380 Lynnhaven Parkway)
- Independence (0098) moved to Windsor Oaks Elementary School (3800 Van Buren Drive)
Officials say many absentee ballots issued have not yet been returned.
Voters who applied for an absentee ballot through the mail should return it to the Municipal Center – Building 14, rather than go to the polls on Election Day with the ballot.
After presenting a photo ID, voters can drop off their own ballot curbside on the Princess Anne Road side of the building on June 22 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and on June 23 from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Those who have been issued a ballot through the mail cannot vote that ballot at the polls. If absentee voters go to the polls on Election Day, they will have to go through the process of voiding the ballot, surrendering it, and being issued a new one before voting.